Request Medals from the U.S. Army Veteran Medals Unit

How to Request Your Medals

If you are an Army Veteran or the next-of kin (un-remarried widow, eldest child , parent,eldest sibling, eldest grandchild) of an Army veteran, you may request a set of authorized medals and decorations by sending a written request along with a copy of the DD Form 214 or other discharge papers (if available) to :

National Personnel Records Center

Military Personnel Records

1 Archives Drive

St. Louis, MO. 63138

Or you can visit the National Personnel Records Center website at:

If you have never received a set of your medals before, your request will be processed free-of-charge. If this is a replacement set, there will be a nominal fee. If you are the primary next-of-kin, only one request for medals will be honored. After the National Personnel Records Center processes your request, they will send you a list of the medals you are authorized. You can check the status of your request, as well as view some general information about medals and decorations, at

Download the U.S. Army Veteran Medals Unit Brochure (pdf)

About how to obtain Replacement Veteran Medals for all Services, please visit:

Please note that Veterans Medals Unit does not provide foreign awards or decorations earned by veterans. These medals can be purchased from several sources including businesses that are part of the Institute of Heraldry's certified manufacturers program. A listing can be found at: